1. Make sure their Doulas have been professionally trained and are experienced.
2. Ask questions to make sure their Doulas are flexible with birthing options and are willing to support your choices. It's important for you to connect with your Doula.
3. Find out if they have reliable backup in case you need extra help, the Doula gets sick or if your Doula is busy on your due date. At Richmond Birth and Baby we have a Team approach, you get 2 Doulas for the price of 1. There is always someone on call but that also means that the other Team Doula is free to spend time with family, enjoy a hobby, take a continuing education class or just rest. We provide you, the client, the call schedule for your Doula Team.
4. Research the different package options and the price of each. Make sure it is a good value for your money.
5. Check the agency for availability for your due date.